Learning is an experience
"To learn and to give" - A community project
This activity integrates training in tasks and resource management while contributing to the community and involves:
- Strategic and tactical vision
- Time and resource management
- Team work
In this unique model the experiential learning process is created using a combination of organizational development with a community project. This culminates in a community teambuilding day in collaboration with the municipality welfare department of that jurisdiction.
It is an extremely meaningful activity that provides a fulfilling and significant experience for each participant and recipient.
Each team will be given a project which will need to be carried out within the framework of a schedule and resources including; hiring personnel and professionals and creating a budget for purchasing equipment and materials .
Each team will decide the order of priority within the time and means available and see the project through until completion.
Examples of previous community projects include:
- The restoration of a courtyard in a protected housing complex – A neglected courtyard used by the elderly in protected housing was restored including the safety issues, gardening and a new seating corner and shaded area.
- Housing for the Elderly – Housing for the elderly of limited means were given an external renovation including painting, repairs to the shutters, windows, unsticking doors etc.
- After-school clubs for children at risk – The buildings were renovated from small repairs up to supply tables, cupboards, radiators for heating etc.